Sunday, October 7, 2012

So chilly these days!!

Dearest Reader,

     This past week has kept Brad and I (but mostly Brad) very busy. He has had four exams! And I have had school assignments and cleaning, and of course a little bit of bothering him while he's studying :)
     Today we enjoyed watching general conference and making cinnamon rolls, which is a fantastic tradition we intend to keep. Most scrumptious!
     We loved receiving answers to prayers and new insights as we listened to the Prophet and Apostles. It is such a blessing to have the priesthood on the earth.
     Yesterday we had some friends over for breakfast and we watched the first session together. That was a lot of fun. We're really enjoying making new friends, it's interesting doing this as a couple instead of a single unit. Now we need to make friends we both get along with so we can spend time together while we spend time with friends.
     I have not too much to report. I enjoyed spending a little time with the Anderson family this past week, they found Dune again, phew! I have made a friend at school, Lycia (I give her a lift to and from school on a Wednesday), we talk about all sorts of things and it helps me keep awake on a Wednesday night when we finish school at 7pm after a three hour class. It's a really great class (American History) but I'm knackered by that time. It's Lycia's birthday this weekend so we're going to go on a double date with our husbands to watch a movie at the dollar theatre, or something.
     This weekend Mom and Dad are coming down from Idaho. That's always fun. We're going to go to the football game on Friday night and probably run about doing this and that. Brad and Dad will be studying like crazy no doubt. (Woot!)
     I tried out for teacher at the MTC, they told me I probably won't get it for two reasons 1) I'm English speaking and 2) I go to LDSBC which costs more in insurance than BYU. So that was a downer, but all things in The Lords time. I know He has a plan.
     We were so excited to hear about the change in ages for outgoing missionaries!! I think this will effect the lives of the individuals significantly. I can see three distinct reasons why they would do this, but I'm not completely sure, so I won't say.
     I should let you know... two Fridays ago Meme (Brad's great grandma) passed away. We found out just after going to the temple on the Saturday one week ago. Though Meme was 99 years old, this was still quite a blow for Brad in particular. Meme is a woman full of spunk and kindness! She really genuinely wanted to know about us, how we were doing and what she could do to help. She was so selfless and truly lifted any room she was in. I knew her only a short time but felt so attached to her! We will miss her a very great deal.
I'm so grateful for the Plan of Happiness, I am sure she is happily with her husband now, and that makes me smile.
     Well, I best be off. Another week to attack and hopefully we'll do better than the last. Early mornings and early nights aren't my favourite combination... Early nights and lazy mornings are far better, but they are only a blissful few ;)
     With Love,
Joanna Joy Collett

Ps. It's getting soooo cool! You know when you're still wearing summer clothing and you're not sure how to dress in the morning because you're so used to your summer clothing? Well that's where I'm at. And my toes get so cold!! But really, I love the winter fashion, so don't worry, I've already embraced the cold :) Bring on the snow!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello gorgeous!This is such a sweet idea, I may have to steal it! So sorry to hear about Brad's grandmother, it's so hard to lose someone like that I hope he's doing ok.
    I was so sad that we weren't able to make it back for your wedding. I peeked at every picture I could on facebook and the likes. I hope that life is treating you both well.
    All our love,

    The Smiths xoxo

    ReplyDelete