Thursday, September 13, 2012

Our little Nook

Brad and I have talked often about how we might keep in touch with our family all around the world.
Monthly emails, post, phone calls, facebook etc. Blogging wasn't even a thought!! But it clicked this past Sunday when I was looking at a friends blog with her, "What a fantastic way to reach everyone and keep a journal!" So here we are.

Noni mention yesterday after dinner that Jess keeps a blog and would put pictures of her apartment up and such. So that is what I'm about today. I just took these photos, so you see our house as it is, Brad still studying on the floor having gotten home 30 minutes ago, and I just finished preparing dinner (it's in the fridge so you don't get to see the salads splendor (I think this is an alright disclaimer for some mess, don't you?)).

This is the front door opening into the living room. It is worth noting that most all of our furnishing and decorative pieces were purchased in a garage sale. We have been incredibly blessed!!! I may add the story to this. We'll see...

The above is our living/ tv room with my handsome husband on the floor studying. On the coffee table you can see a crystal bowl (a gift from a family I taught in NZ) in which I keep a ready supply of goodies :)
I just love the window seat! We have a view of the 'Y' mountain (That is, the mountain has a huge Y on it which stands for BYU). The apple and cinnamon candle Beth gave me for my bridal shower is lit. Smells so yummy!
Here is our dining room area. I don't know what to say... Mom and I re-painted and upholstered the dining set. It was a lime green and yellow before, way gross. I never realized how time consuming re-painting and upholstering is!! especially when the upholstery is put on backwards on one of the chairs ;) hehehe Takes some growling to do it all over again.
Our kitchen! Complete with bakers rack. That is a wall clock from Nana and Papa. We get to choose the tune it sounds and how often. It has a moon dial that doesn't really work, but it looks really cool! (It took us (me) ages to decide which wall clock suited Brad and I :)
On the right is our room, the left is our study, and straight ahead is the bathroom. We are burning 'Thai Temple' the candle I got from Luke and Kathy for my birthday. We've got reminders of our family everywhere!

Our Bedroom. The curtain matches the bedspread. We bought this bed spread with the money Mum and Dad gave me for my birthday.


Bathroom. Hint of the day: don't buy Burgundy towel... FLUFF FLUFF AND MORE FLUFF! It extends into eternity! Hahahaha!



Our lovely study! and massage room! Mom and Dad decked us out with pretty much everything in here!!! Brad strained his back last week ending up with over a 8 days of pain on his right side, he was studying on the massage table because he could lay flat and still look through the hole. And I was massaging him.
Brad and I had to do a balancing act to get the picture of The Eiffel Tower in Paris up that high. I was standing on his shoulder's!!!! He was moving this way and that so we could get it centered and so I wouldn't fall ;)

Well, I guess that covers it! Of course you are all welcome to come and visit any time you wish. We would love to see you.
Brad and I just love being at home. Although we can't go out much anyways, we often opt for staying home because we can just be in each others company.
Our favourite pass times are watching murder mysteries or something funny, just talking and snuggling, and cooking! We often bake something for our neighbours and ourselves which is a great way to get to know the neighbours.

We send our love to you all.
Brad and Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment